- Rethink about consumption in the post-modern global world.
- Compare and contrast between Strategic Brand Management (SBM) and Cultural Strategy Model (CBM) paradigms.
- Apply the frameworks discussed in the course to revitalize existing brands, or create new brands.
- Create iconic brands that are relevant to the consumption context in the moment.
- Understand cultural identity and the ethics of identity.
第1週:From Marketing Ideology to Branding Ideology： A Context-Dependent Perspective
第2週:Brand Positioning and Targeting
第3週:Brand Resonance Model and Brand Value Chain
第4週:Cultural Authenticity and Branding
第5週:Integrated Marketing Communication & Retailing
- Strategic Brand Management, Building, Measuring, and Managing Brand Equity, 2013, 4th ed., by Kevin Lane Keller.
- How Brands Become Icons, the Principles of Cultural Branding, 2004, by Douglas B. Holt, Harvard Business School Press.
- Cultural Strategy, Using Innovative Ideologies to Build Breakthrough Brands, 2010, by Douglas Holt and Douglas Cameron, Oxford University Press.
- The Experience Economy: Work is Theatre and Every Business a Stage, 1999, by Joseph Pine II and James H. Gilmore, Harvard Business Press.
- Authenticity, What Consumers Really Want, 2007, by James H. Gilmore, and B. Joseph Pine II, Harvard Business Review Press.