- Rethink about consumption in the post-modern global world.
- Compare and contrast between Strategic Brand Management (SBM) and Cultural Strategy Model (CBM) paradigms.
- Apply the frameworks discussed in the course to revitalize existing brands, or create new brands.
- Create iconic brands that are relevant to the consumption context in the moment.
- Understand cultural identity and the ethics of identity.
第1週:From Marketing Ideology to Branding Ideology： A Context-Dependent PerspectiveFrom Marketing Ideology to Branding Ideology： A Context-Dependent Perspective
第2週:Brand Positioning and Targeting
第3週:Brand Resonance Model and Brand Value Chain
第4週:Cultural Authenticity and Branding
第5週:Integrated Marketing Communication & Retailing
- Essay Assignment : 40%
- Strategic Brand Management, Building, Measuring, and Managing Brand Equity, 2013, 4th ed., by Kevin Lane Keller.
- How Brands Become Icons, the Principles of Cultural Branding, 2004, by Douglas B. Holt, Harvard Business School Press.
- Cultural Strategy, Using Innovative Ideologies to Build Breakthrough Brands, 2010, by Douglas Holt and Douglas Cameron, Oxford University Press.
- The Experience Economy: Work is Theatre and Every Business a Stage, 1999, by Joseph Pine II and James H. Gilmore, Harvard Business Press.
- Authenticity, What Consumers Really Want, 2007, by James H. Gilmore, and B. Joseph Pine II, Harvard Business Review Press.
All teaching material is prohibited from downloading or released for distribution under intellectual property and copy right protection.